Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 9. Vegetable Barley Stew with Lentils. Hmm.

Let me just say that we ate this last night, will force ourselves to eat some more tonight unless we can't face it and opt for oatmeal, and then I am tossing the remainder in the trash. No need to post this recipe.  After Swen's first spoonful of soup, he asked how we could flavor it up, then proceeded to "eat to live".  I liked the barley and lentils, but the soup needs life. The end.

3-6-2013.  Not quite the end.  After sitting for 4 days, the soup acquired a bit more flavor.  A friend suggested adding some lemon juice and yogurt, to spice it up.  And I added some chicken bouillon.  It was a decent meal on Tuesday night.  One more cup of it, then it is out of my life.
 

1 comment:

  1. Swen's version of this tale is similar! But his ends with pizza.

    ReplyDelete